Something I'll *hopefully* be done with before Beard-A-Versary.
I want people to come into the bedroom and say, "Wow, Kay, this is amazing. Where did you get that?"
Its a cork board made out of wine and champagne corks, which will hold a display of my jewelry.
I'm not done yet, nor am I half way through (You need a lot more corks than I thought!) but I'm so excited I'm going to give you a little tiny preview.
That's an awl, hammer, box cutter and self healing mat. In the 3 hours I was playing with cutting these corks I kept feeling like a pioneer splitting tiny logs with an ax. My hands kinda ache.I got the pretty corks from The Long Beach Depot for Creative Reuse, which I'm pretty much in love with. If you've never been to the one in Berkley or the one in Long Beach and your a crafter, well you are missing out. The Depot had a 5 gallon tupperware full of old corks for 5 cents each. (on a side note, where is the cent sign on this keyboard? I don't think there is one) I couldn't believe my luck!
I sent Woody over there for more today since my picture frame, which will serve as the back of the cork board, is about 17X22 inches.
Hopefully I'll be done with this project by Beard-A-Versary and will be able to post a tutorial on it later this week. I'll miss going to school in the summer because I'll have alot less time on my hands at work to do stuff like this.

No comments:
Post a Comment