So after Jo Beverley's Lady Beware I was hooked. I've powered through half of her collection like cheap champagne. It was just as intoxicating as Andre Extra Dry; sweet and sometimes a little vomit inducing.
I read, Dragon's Bride, Skylark, Lady Beware, Hazard, St. Raven, My Lady Notorious, Something Wicked, & Winter Fire. Yes, all this in 18 days. (Plus two Jennifer Crusie novels, which are more like peanut M&M's, fatty, sweet and a tiny bit more substantial than regular M&M's.) Out of the 8 books I read I really enjoyed about half of them. Some were wicked on the sexual tension, and others just dragged. But while I may have skimmed through the last 30 pages of a few of them (My Lady Notorious and Winter Fire) I loved loved loved how realistic she portrays her characters in their passion. None of the characters fall in love within 2 seconds of meeting each other. If they do fall for each other, there is a time apart to highten the tension, or they knew each other long before the story began. While I was really frustrated with the lack of consistancy in her sex scenes, (some were really scandalous, while others, just tedious and very late in the story) it made her books unpredictable. I never felt that her characters where a type. Each character was different, unlike some romance authors I read (Amanda Quick/Janye Ann Krenz and Lora Leigh).
Speaking of Lora Leigh. I couldn't even get past the first 6 pages of the one I had checked out. It was soooo painful. And for an erotica, it wasn't even sexy.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment