Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ridiculous

So I keep meaning to post more, because well, that's what this thing is for.
I've got recipes galore to post, that I've cooked in the past month, and pictures I need to start taking of said food.
I'm sure I'll have crafty bitch things to post and fantastic frugal living hints, to add to the ones I've found this month.
I also think I'm going to add a few book reviews to this lovely thing.
Damn I got to be more on top of this.

Ok recently I've made these:
Honey Chicken stir fry with sugar snap peas, broccoli and onion.
I perfected my mini Macaroni and Cheese hors d'oeuvres.
-I had to cave and add American cheese (blech!) and bigger elbow macaroni. Also to support these tender cheesy morsels I had the idea to put them in muffin cups for easy handling.

My favorite meat turnovers
An authentic Mexican breakfast burrito with Longaniza(or chorizo).
- if you've never tried either, they are AMAZING cooked in a burrito or my favorite, with eggs!
And a ton of grilled cheese. I got lazy.

And thats all I can remember at the moment.

as for frugal living:

I just discovered big lots. Silly I know! I moved Ace in with Woody last week and needed things to make his transition easier. Big lots is an epic win for that! Really cheap (and high quality) cat toys for a dollar, a mat for under his cat box for five dollars, and cat litter (the good kind) for 5 bucks too. I also got body lotion, a box for all my toiletries at Woody's, Batman placemats (I couldn't resist), cotton rounds for a dollar (I've been looking everywhere for some cheap ones!), all for under 20 bucks! How can I say no to all of that?

Craftiness is at an all time low.
Woody and I are going to Seattle for the Penny Arcade Expo in September and then in October I'm going to the Alternative Press Expo in SF with him. I'm going to get crafty there so I can promote Woody's art like a bitch.

(if you haven't seen his stuff yet here's the website, www.betweenmars.com if you like ridiculousness and whimsy you'll love his stuff!)

As for books, well, I've been a book slut.
This fuses mightily with my love of being thrifty.
I canvas the used bookstores in the vicinity of my places of residence and haven't found too many places, but goddamn does the library in Palos Verdes have a good book sale section.

So after I finish reading Murder List by Julie Garwood I'll post a Yea or Nay for this lovely piece of trashy romance nove literature. And cue my start to begin blogging again!

No comments:

Post a Comment